Provides first level escalation support for network, telecom and security issues. Performs planned and scheduled Cisco IOS upgrades and configuration changes. Verifies and remediates system generated network alerts and reports. Works closely with Management to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of network resources and customer information.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Provide first level escalation support for network, telecom and security issues.
• Performs initial analysis of network issues, resolving/escalating as needed.
• Performs planned/scheduled Cisco IOS upgrades and configuration changes.
• Remediates IDS/IPS and network monitoring system events.
• Verifies daily/weekly/monthly reports; Remediates as necessary.
• Conducts peer review and basic testing for changes performed.
• Writes technical and procedural documentation.
Additional Duties And Responsibilities
• Places and escalates tickets with vendors (Verizon, TWC, Cablevision, etc.).
• Acts as “Technical Contact” for routine vendor calls at remote/branch locations.
• Performs quarterly department self-audit (ASAP).
• Automates administrative tasks and network monitoring using scripting technologies.
• Scheduled weekend and after-hour availability for “on call” support and projects.
• Enhances job knowledge and skills by researching new technologies and products.
• Occasional travel to alternate locations will be required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education And Experience
• Basic knowledge of networking technologies (Routers, Firewalls, Switches, etc.).
• Cisco certifications, preferred but not necessary; other technical certifications, a plus.
• Experience with scripting languages, a plus.
• PHP/MySQL or other programming language experience, a plus.
• Prior desktop support or Windows server experience, a plus.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and assigned requests.
• Excellent communications skills; oral and written.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service.
• Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
We offer Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.