About the Role
In this position, the Firmware Technical Program Manager will be responsible for leading the management and execution of server platform programs firmware development, issue investigation and validation efforts throughout the product lifecycle, driving firmware and software design and development activities from product specification definition and feature scoping through production release, and end of life.
- Work closely with System TPMs and Architecture teams to successfully translate product specifications into program firmware deliverables.
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop and introduce products against system level schedule for meeting critical phase exit criteria to meet sales volume targets and financial objectives.
- Lead requirement definition planning, development, and launch.
- Manage BIOS/BMC feature implementation plan based on the product specification, and drive the feature enhancements, quality improvement support and transition from validation test software into scripted test tool for specific test function team.
- Interact with sales organizations to communicate organizational information, strategies, and capabilities especially for software security capability to customer.
- Support the execution of firmware validation progress against development schedule, which can include test case enhancement, raw data collection and analysis, Diagnostics tool, and management of associated vendors for failure analysis activities.
- Ensure the design team to ensure the product design can comply with the manufacturability, reliability and serviceability of designs.
- Experience with Firmware Development using C/C++.
- Familiar with AMI Codebase on both BIOS and BMC, and communication process.
- Experience with Test Tools and Test Tools Development including Scripting
- In depth knowledge of PCIe, SAS, SMBus, PMBus, IPMI, REST interfaces.
- Extensive background in systems-level design processes from board level to system level.
- Hands-on interoperability testing on both In-Band and Out-of-Band.
- Good understanding of x-86 server system architecture. Familiar with both Windows and Linux OS.
- Excellent understanding of business goals and objectives as they relate to customer use cases and solutions.
- Strong Cross-functional team management, strong interpersonal skills and adaptive communication style.
- Understanding of System level server platforms and how each component interacts with the system.
- Strong Project Management skills in developing schedules and tracking to milestones.
- Good understanding of hardware and system software interactions, and ability to apply this knowledge to resolve technical issues.
- Security Validation and Debug Experience like Cerberus, Secure Boot or other similar functions.
- Ability to view situations objectively from different perspectives, and promptly come up with a risk mitigation plan for enhancing decision making process.
- Ability to frame situations and make/drive decisions.
- Ability to resolve Complex problems, drive for results, innovate, think and lead strategically.
- Posses experiences with FPGA, GPU and CPLD development.
- Experience with OpenBMC.
- PMP Certification.
- BS in Electrical, Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Masters preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in Server Platform development, 6+ years with Masters.
- 4+ years as a Lead